- [Free Pattern] Easy Crochet Baby Blanket For Beginners
- [Free Pattern] Super Easy Crochet Leg Warmers -Beginner Friendly Free Crochet Pattern
- [Free Pattern] You Will Certainly Impress Any New Mama With This Gorgeous Granny Square Baby Blanket
- Gorgeous Little Rosettes Flower Necklace
- [Free Pattern] Super Easy And Super Fast… This Three-Hour Cowl Is Amazing!
This is a beginner-friendly crochet baby blanket pattern that’s easy enough for anyone to make. Despite the skill-level rating of “beginner,” I’m hoping that this pattern will appeal to crocheters of varying skill levels; if you ever need to whip up a new blanket in a hurry, this is a great pattern to have in your stash.
Fast Easy Crochet Baby Blanket
Materials and Finished Blanket Sizes:
- Light Weight Baby Yarn: The yarn I used is Bernat Softee baby yarn. I made sample blankets in a couple of different colors.My preemie-sized sample was crocheted using the color called “Pink,” which is perfect for a baby girl. My newborn-sized blanket was crocheted using the “Antique White” color, which works well for either baby boys or girls. Feel free to use a different color; if crocheted in a boy-friendly color, this blanket would also be ideal for baby boys. If you aren’t sure of the baby’s gender, pick a neutral color that could work either way — the mint green color would be a nice choice, as would the white color. For best results, make sure all skeins are from the same dye lot.This yarn is rated as a “3” on the Craft Yarn Council’s yarn weight system. This weight is also known as “light worsted,” “DK,” or “Double Knitting.” According to the yarn label, the manufacturer also labels it as “Sport DK,” “Tricot Léger,” and “Jersey Ligero.”Preemie Size: My sample blanket measures about 26 inches wide by 34 inches long. This measurement was taken without any edging; if you wish to add an edging, your finished blanket will be a bit bigger.You will need 2 balls / 10 oz / 280 g of yarn for the blanket itself, plus more for crocheting your gauge swatch. So if you crochet your blanket using Bernat Softee, you’ll need to get 3 5 oz skeins of yarn. See pictures of the pink crochet baby blanket for an example of how this blanket looks.As far as yardage goes, you’ll need about 724 yards / 662 meters for the blanket itself, plus more for your gauge swatch.Newborn / Receiving Blanket Size: My sample blanket is 30 inches square. You could make yours a bit longer — around 34 inches long — if you prefer.
You will need 2-3 of the 5 oz balls of Bernat Softee for this size. My sample blanket measures about 30 inches square, and I used exactly two balls with none left over. If you’d like to work a gauge swatch, or make your blanket longer, you’ll need a third ball of this yarn.
Toddler Size: Finished size is about 36 inches by 44 inches.
I estimate that you’ll need 4 of the 5 oz balls of Bernat Softee to crochet this size.
- Crochet Hook: I used a size I crochet hook to make my sample baby blankets. You might need a different size hook to achieve the correct gauge.
- Tapestry Needle: You’ll use this for weaving in ends when you are finished crocheting your blanket.
- Safety Pin: You’ll need a stitch marker or safety pin for temporarily marking a stitch at the beginning of your work.
Get the FULL WRITTEN PATTERN for this Fast Easy Crochet Baby Blanket pattern with all the directions at: About
Thanks to Amy Solovay for this article inspiration and featured image.
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.