- [Video Tutorial] How to Crochet a Puff Stitch Flower
- [Free Pattern] This Owl Mittens Pattern Turns Anyone Into A Talented Crocheter
- Fantastic One Step Beyond Blanket Free Crochet Pattern
- [Free Pattern] Adorably Cute Baby Booties That Will Totally Take Your Breath Away
- [Free Pattern] Easy, Breezy Cascading Kimono Cardigan Crochet Pattern
What a spectacular pattern! This Squared Diamond Granny Throw by Chris Apao has very interesting design which creates a spatial 3D effect and the impression of 3 levels in the afghan. This crochet pattern is going to take your crochet skills to the next level.
I made mine with 3 levels. ( a square within a diamond within a square) I used 5 colors of 7oz skeins. Now the outermost color used almost all of 1 7 oz skein, and the rest in decreasing amounts. The skeins i used are 365 yds long. The innermost color used hardly a third of that, so plan your skeins accordingly.
Now, speaking of sizes… the finished size of mine with using worsted weight yarn and an I hook is about 36-38” square. Two such squares together would make a complete twin bed cover.
That said, the size can be anything you desire, from a small hook, 2 layer square that is tiled to make a larger piece, to a larger hook and bulky yarn or rug yarn to make a floor throw. Try it a couple of ways and you may just end up with your own creation!
Watch the Squared Diamond Granny Throw video tutorial HERE.
Check out the original source for this pattern with all the directions and full written pattern at: Chrystal’s Connections
Thanks to Chris for the article inspiration and featured image.
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.