- [Free Pattern] Moms Agree: This Classic Coverlet Crochet Pattern Is Very Pretty
- [Written+Video Tutorial] Learn A New Stitch: Catherine’s Wheel Stitch
- [Free Pattern] These Beautiful Potholder Flowers Will Serve Double-Duty In Your Kitchen!
- [Free Pattern] Awesome Looking Americana Pillow And Easy To Follow Pattern!
- [Free Pattern] Precious Tapestry Crochet Friendship Bracelet You Can Make Right Now
You’ll get instant crochet gratification when you make this lovely pattern! These cute Crochet Granny Square Pincushions by Emma of LuluLoves can be made in under an hour. Use some lavender, vanilla or lemon essences or seeds as filling you’ll have beautiful sachets to keep between clothes or simply around the house and spoil your senses. They make gorgeous Christmas gifts too!
Pattern written in UK terms,
These granny square pin cushions measure approximately 8cm and can be made with any granny squares but I have written out the method I used below, similarly you could decorate with any kind of crochet flowers. I have attached a few photos to help with the flat flower I used for this pattern. The inserts are non-removable and are made by simply sewing (either by hand or on a sewing machine) two small squares of fabric together and stuffing with toy filling. The granny squares are then crocheted together around the insert.
Yarn: 4 ply Cotton 2 colours – I used a variety of different brands, they all worked well as long as it’s not too stiff.
Scissors (I use pinking shears to stop fraying)
Two small pieces of cotton fabric for insert – I used some Calico
Cardboard, ruler & pencil for template
Some polyester toy filling
Sewing machine or needle and thread
Check out the original source for this pattern with all the directions and full written pattern at: LuluLoves
Thanks to Emma for the article inspiration and featured image.
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.