- [Free Pattern] Simple, Soft And Puffy Zig-Zag Puff Stitch Baby Afghan
- [Free Pattern] These Insanely Fast And Easy Christmas Trees Should Definitely Be At The Top Of Your Christmas Crochet Patterns List
- [Free Pattern] This Adorable Waldorf Inspired Baby Doll Makes A Perfect Gift For Any Baby Girl Who Adores Dollies
- Fire Breathing Dragon Amigurumi For Endless Fun
- Incredibly Beautiful Turkish Pines Crochet Stitch
This crochet cowl pattern is beautiful and useful and uses such a lovely combination of stitches! Gathering of Friends at Fibrefest 2019 by Ruth Buchanan is available free until the end of October 2019. This pattern is made to offer you an elegant and comfortable wearing experience. Follow the recommended yarn when making your own or use a yarn that works beautifully to show the stitch patterns.
Gathering of Friends at Fibrefest 2019 Crochet Cowl Pattern
Being planned for Fibrefest, I wanted to use yarn from an Australian dyer. It was a #lifegoal (she says with a grin) when Kathryn of the Australian Wool Store named a rather beautiful blue colour “Ruth’s Blue” (it’s the colour of my eyes, I’d said!). Ruth’s Blue shows the stitchwork of this cowl rather well. (In case you wonder, I bought the yarn for this cowl).
It’s a 400m/100g skein of 4 ply/sock yarn and my finished cowl, laid flat, measures 22cm top to bottom and 44cm across the middle. (88cm circumference).
The pattern includes detailed instructions, photos and a ticksheet of rows to help you keep track of your work and progress.
If you have a little less yarn in your skein, you could choose to omit the picot or do a couple less rows at the end. The pattern explores these options.
You May Also Like:
Save this pattern for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST
Thanks to Ruth Buchanan for the article’s inspiration and featured image.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter to receive awesome free crochet patterns, just like this, delivered straight to your inbox every day!