- [Free Pattern] Get Ready For Summer Parties With These Beautiful Coasters
- [Free Pattern] This Has To Be One Of The Coolest Crochet Afghans I’ve Ever Seen!
- Love Crochet Purses With Stars On Them? Try This Free Crochet Pattern!
- How To Easily Make The Cutest Crochet Hat With Pom Pom
- [Free Pattern] This Star Blanket May Be Even Easier Than You Realize …
Here is a fabulous step-by-step photo tutorial for those willing to learn a new crochet pattern: the Granny Ripple pattern. This tutorial is being offered by Pradeepa on her blog The Lazy Hobbyhopper . The Granny Ripple Stitch works perfect for cushions and blankets. You can actually see a set of three very creative cushions, made by Pradeepa using this visual stitch,in the picture below.
Once you get started and go in the right direction granny ripples are fun to make, but getting started is what irks me a lot. The major problem here is deciding upon the number of chains to start with. Since you are not going to work in a straight pattern the length of the chains that you make at the beginning have to be somewhere around one and half times the length of the finished pattern. (I am saying this from my experience, but it may not be correct). So the safest bet is to make extra chains, you can always sew in the extra length of the chains instead of having to pull everything apart in case your work becomes shorter.
Check out the original source for this Crochet Granny Ripple Pattern with all the directions and full written pattern at: The Lazy Hobbyhopper
Thanks to Pradeepa for this article inspiration and featured image.
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.