- [Video Tutorial] The Technique Used To Make These Simple Crochet Peppermint Coaster Is Really Interesting!
- 10 Minute Heart Trivet Free Crochet Pattern You Will Simply Love!
- [Video Tutorial] Outstanding Granny Square Pattern Even Beginners Can Make
- [Video Tutorial] Front Post Double Crochet Stitch (FPDC) And Back Post Double Crochet Stitch (BPDC) Made Simple
- Easy Reversible Crochet Blanket Free Pattern For Beginners
Are you ready to take on a new challenge? Here is an adventurous re-design project test. This looks much harder then it really is. Some may say this beautiful pattern is a bit “fiddly” and it may take a little more time to make it than the usual squares but if you put effort into it you’ll love the end results. Regardless, this is a fun and challenging square to make. Imagine a whole blanket out of these squares: Stunning!
The Purifying Puritans 12″ Afghan Block by Margaret MacInnis is the re-design of the Vintage pattern Puritan Bedspread (the original works up to 15” in worsted weight) by Cecilia Vanek. The re-written pattern has received great reviews and it also has a photo tutorial for step by step instructions.
This is the re-design of the Vintage pattern Puritan Bedspread (the original works up to 15” in worsted weight) by Cecilia Vanek (American Thread Co.).
It has a new border, and a complete tutorial that shows the details of the rather complex instruction.
I wanted that everyone would be able to make one without struggling through the complicated original instructions, and I also wanted it to be made available to be worked in worsted weight yarns to a 12” size, suitable for swaps and afghans.
You’ll find the tutorial, which is attached as a separate pdf, to be thorough and helpful.
The pattern is rated intermediate to advanced, although I don’t think any of the techniques are unmanageable with the tutorial!!
Image source: Little Wendy Crochet
Thanks to Margaret MacInnis for this article inspiration and featured image.
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.