- Stunning Lightweight Summer Shawl Free Crochet Pattern
- [Video Tutorial] Make Someone Feel Extra Special With This Adorable Fox Blanket With A Hood
- 8″ Tapestry Present Afghan Square Free Crochet Pattern For A Fun Birthday Or Christmas-Themed Blanket
- [Video Tutorial] Beautiful Crystal Waves Crochet Stitch For Fast And Easy Baby Blankets
- [Free Pattern] Hoot! Hoot! This Granny Stripe Owl Is So Cute!
This pattern brings so many memories. My grandmother had made a very similar blanket for me when I was a kid. This Vintage Vertical Stripe Crocheted Blanket pattern by Bella Dia, is great, fast, and easy to follow! This is the type of pattern that you can start and if you get sidetracked it is very easy to pick back up and go on. It’s great for an afghan, throw, baby blanket, etc and it’s easy for you to make it in any size you want. Also, the photo tutorial on the blog is extremely helpful.
This blanket is intended to be made from leftover yarns. You need to know how to chain, single crochet, double crochet, and add in a new color if you want to change colors in the middle of a row. I used 27 different colors, some more than others. Most of the yarn is Wool-Ease by Lion Brand but there is some Simply Soft by Caron and a few others that I’ve lost the wrappers for so I don’t remember what they are. At 250 chains, the blanket is 6′ 9″ long and the width will be a little over 4′ wide when I’m done. I used a size “I” hook because that’s what the yarn called for. (If you look at the wrapper around the yarn it will tell you the suggested hook size.) I’m getting about 17 rows to every 6″. Once you get going you’ll be able to do a row in about 20-25 minutes so you can use those figures to estimate your time.
Image source: Swallow Barn of Tales From Swallow Barn
Image source: Sandra of Cherry Heart
Thanks to Bella Dia for this article inspiration and featured image.
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.