- [Video Tutorial] These Magical Dragons Are Almost Ridiculously Adorable!
- Cute Crochet Hats For Kids Perfect To Bust Your Stash And Have Fun
- [Free Pattern] These Granny Style Heart Doilies Add A Sweet Touch To Your Table, Or Valentine Party
- [Free Pattern] This Little Flower Square Is Insanely Beautiful
- [Free Pattern] Celebrate The Return Of Autumn With These Wonderful Crochet Leaves
I love this beautiful African Flower pattern! Easy to make, this amazing crochet African Flower designed by Joanne L. from Craft Passion comes with free written pattern. Use the join as you go method, just like Granny Square, to make blanket, afghan, shawl, bag, table runner, cushion cover, soccer ball toy, coaster, pincushion, dress etc.
Just like Granny Square, African Flower is a crochet block but in hexagonal shape, it can be joined next to each other to become a bigger piece and make into blanket, afghan, shawl, bag, table runner, cushion cover, soccer ball toy, coaster, pincushion, dress etc…. you name it!
Why does it call African Flower and not something related to it’s shape, for example Hexes, Hexagon Flower etc… According to some findings from the net, some said a lady saw this pattern from a South African community, so she gave it a name “Africa Flower”. There are some arguments around about the originality of the pattern since some saw it in the 70’s and it is called Paperweight Granny, much earlier than the version of the South African
Image source: Joanne L
Thanks to Joanne L for this article inspiration.
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.