- Fabulous And Easy Log Cabin Crochet Pattern To Take On The Go
- [Free Pattern] A Simple Granny-Like Crochet Coaster, Made On The Round
- Really Beautiful Mandala Flower Crochet Pattern
- [Free Pattern] Simply Stunning Shell And Post Stitch Ripple Afghan
- [Free Pattern] This Gorgeous & Modern Crochet Shawl Will Make You Stand Out Anywhere
I love this beautiful African Flower pattern! Easy to make, this amazing crochet African Flower designed by Joanne L. from Craft Passion comes with free written pattern. Use the join as you go method, just like Granny Square, to make blanket, afghan, shawl, bag, table runner, cushion cover, soccer ball toy, coaster, pincushion, dress etc.
Just like Granny Square, African Flower is a crochet block but in hexagonal shape, it can be joined next to each other to become a bigger piece and make into blanket, afghan, shawl, bag, table runner, cushion cover, soccer ball toy, coaster, pincushion, dress etc…. you name it!
Why does it call African Flower and not something related to it’s shape, for example Hexes, Hexagon Flower etc… According to some findings from the net, some said a lady saw this pattern from a South African community, so she gave it a name “Africa Flower”. There are some arguments around about the originality of the pattern since some saw it in the 70’s and it is called Paperweight Granny, much earlier than the version of the South African
Image source: Joanne L
Thanks to Joanne L for this article inspiration.
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.