- [Video Tutorial] Fabulously Warm And Comfy Women’s Loafer Slippers
- [Free Pattern] Basic Crocheted Socks
- Cabled Hooded Cowl Crochet Pattern To Stand Out In The Crowd
- This Crochet Textured Lap Blanket Is A Wonderful Project To Work On In The Car Or While Watching Television
- [Free Pattern] This Blooming Mandala Is Perfect For The Summer!
Granny squares with flowers have a certain type of charm. That’s maybe because they remind us of spring or summer or maybe just because flowers have positive meaning for all of us. This 4 Petal Flower Square by Claire from Crochet Leaf is unbelievable cute and delicate and simple. So simple and so beautiful!
A square with three edgings :
- frill border for a single square
- plain border for joining squares together
- loopy border for a single square
The basic flower pattern is 6 rounds and has a sc (UK dc) edge.
A 7th round adds the frill border.
The two colorful squares are made of Wendy Supreme Luxury Cotton 4 Ply with a 3.00 mm hook – the plain border square measures just over 4” or 10cm wide.
I couldn’t help playing around with the pattern a bit, so after the 5th round of my single color flower I stopped and added a loopy border just for fun! The single color flower is made with Susan Crawford Coquette 4 ply Vintage Cotton and measures 4”/10 cm across also.
Both yarns are fingering weight – but of course you can use whatever yarn is your favorite.
I also show you how I joined my squares together using slip stitch – that’s at Joining Crochet Squares with Slip Stitch
Thanks to Claire for article inspiration and featured image.
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.