- Let it Go Crochet Blanket Free Pattern Is A Grannytastic Stash Buster (Written And Video Instruction)
- Learn A New Crochet Stitch: The Sand Stitch
- [Free Pattern] Stunning Cathedral Window Square Anyone Can Make
- How To Brilliantly Turn Flip Flop Soles Into Gorgeous Boots For Winter
- Quick And Easy Poncho Free Crochet Pattern- Perfect For Craft Fair Inventory And Gift Projects!
If you’ve been trying to learn the granny square technique, without too much success, you may wanna try this tutorial I found on Miss Abigail’s Hope Chest. The crochet technique used in this tutorial is a bit different than the one you may know and is taught through a very detailed photo tutorial.
This tutorial shows a slightly different way to make a granny square dishcloth. It is my favorite method because it works to “hide” that initial chain that counts as the first dc in each round.
However,the instructions are simple and the step- by-step pictures tutorial a great help!
As Abigail mentioned, you need 100% cotton yarn. I like Lily’s Sugar and Cream because it is widely available and reasonably priced. Lion brand yarn has a wonderful hand, but it is more expensive. Use a size “G” hook.
Image source: flickr
The bag is made by Tara Murray of http://easymakesmehappy.blogspot.com
There is no written pattern for the bag. This is what she says about the bag:
My new yarn sack – made of yarn ( :
I saw a granny square yarn sack awhile ago and I fell in love so I made one the best I could.
I just crocheted large granny squares and sewed them together – then did some stuffing ( :
It’s my new favorite!
You can use Miss Abigail’s pattern to make the granny squares and to make this beautiful bag.
Featured image source: Miss Abigail.
For more information check out: Miss Abigail’s Hope Chest
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.