- [Free Pattern] These Are Too Precious! Best And Easiest Slipper Pattern Ever!
- [Free Pattern] Cute Bunny Comforter With Lovely Long Ears And A Cuddly Granny Square Blanky
- [Free Pattern] Once Upon A Time There Were Two Little Ducks On A Baby Blanket…
- Learn A New Crochet Stitch: Cross-Over Long Double Crochet (DC)
- Easy Mosaic Throw Pattern With A Fabulous Design [Free Pattern]
These modern crochet squares are simply amazing! And so is their inspiration source! How many times have you watched Outlander? If you’re an Outlander fan, you’ll love these modern crochet squares. Crochet has been evolving so much through the years and if you ever doubt about this fact, this fabulous pattern is here to prove it. Show your grandma this pattern and watch her reaction.
Inspired by the story of Jamie and Claire Fraser, Wrapped In Jamie by Petra Creutziger – Black Sheep Crochet is designed for the inquisitive beginner or intermediate crocheter.
Modern Crochet Squares Free Crochet Patterns
Test and Design
I used yarn from the Vera Moda Florentine Collection in Selce, which is a composition of 49% Wool, 48% Acrylic and 3% Nylon for the initial testing.
The yarn manufacturer recommends a 4.0mm(US F(5)-G(6)/UK 8/Japan 7/0) hook, but because I am a bit on the loose side when it comes to crocheting, I used a 3.5mm (US E(4)/UK 9/Japan 6/0) crochet hook. This usually gives me approximately the same size as if using the recommended hook size.
Gauge is 24 sts x 32 rows for 10cm x 10cm
The main part of the squares is 18.5 x 18.5cm / 7 1/4″ x 7 1/4″ in size.
Save this pattern for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST
Thanks to Petra Creutziger for the article’s inspiration and featured image.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter to receive awesome free crochet patterns, just like this, delivered straight to your inbox every day!