- Free Christmas Tree Garland Crochet Pattern To Make The Holiday Even Merrier
- [Free Pattern] This Cute Hooded Cowl Will Get You Compliments Whenever You Wear It!
- Easy Scraps Afghan Free Crochet Pattern
- Fun And Simple Chasing Chevrons Necklace [Free Pattern]
- Learn A New Crochet Stitch: Beautiful Tricot Crochet Stitch
This Native American-inspired lap blanket is crocheted in the round. The pattern is actually quite a lot easier than it looks. The free afghan pattern is written using four colors although you may make it using many more colors. In-the-round Square Navajo Lap Blanket by Heather Tucker is crocheted using basic double and single crochet stitches.
The traditional crocheted Navajo afghan is crocheted across with each row having the beginning and ending yarn as fringe. To avoid having fringe on a lap blanket, this is designed to be crocheted in the round so that the affect of having the crochet stitches all facing the same side are preserved without having to start and stop for each row.
Example and measurements are based on worsted weight acrylic yarn and size I crochet hook, but other weight yarns can be used with appropriate size hook. Finished blanket measures 30 inches.
Check out the original source for this pattern with all the directions and full written pattern at: Mama’s Stitchery Projects
Thanks to Heather Tucker for the article inspiration and featured image.
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.