- Single Crochet Stitch Variations
- [Free Pattern] Give Your Table A Truly One-Of-A-Kind Look With These Fabulous Crochet Granny Square Coasters
- Easy Peasy Fish Washcloth Free Crochet Pattern
- [Free Patttern] Adorable Crochet Pencil Holder Every Kid Should Have ( At Least One!)
- Delightful Crochet Dragonfly Applique Free Pattern
This Native American-inspired lap blanket is crocheted in the round. The pattern is actually quite a lot easier than it looks. The free afghan pattern is written using four colors although you may make it using many more colors. In-the-round Square Navajo Lap Blanket by Heather Tucker is crocheted using basic double and single crochet stitches.
The traditional crocheted Navajo afghan is crocheted across with each row having the beginning and ending yarn as fringe. To avoid having fringe on a lap blanket, this is designed to be crocheted in the round so that the affect of having the crochet stitches all facing the same side are preserved without having to start and stop for each row.
Example and measurements are based on worsted weight acrylic yarn and size I crochet hook, but other weight yarns can be used with appropriate size hook. Finished blanket measures 30 inches.
Check out the original source for this pattern with all the directions and full written pattern at: Mama’s Stitchery Projects
Thanks to Heather Tucker for the article inspiration and featured image.
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.