- Lovely 12″ Square With Overlay Crochet To Create The 3D Effect [Free Pattern]
- [Free Pattern] This Apple Blossom Placemat Is The Perfect Year-Round Home Accent
- [Free Pattern] Simple But Beautiful Crochet Scarf Pattern
- [Video Tutorial] This Very Easy Granny Square Blanket Is The Perfect Crochet For Beginners Project
- [Free Pattern] I Can’t Believe How Easy It Is To Make This Beautiful Blanket
The blanket is fabulous and the border finishes it off perfectly! It is based on the Flower Burst Square by Chris Simon, a simple design that is simply beautiful. This block is easy to make and pretty and looks a lot different with different color combinations, however I love the soft colors in the featured afghan, and they are so delicate and look so lovely together.
the yarn was an 8 ply/double knit and i used a 4mm hook. the colours just came together – there was no plan or scheme but i did want a limited palette.
jana – i sewed the squares together using the taupe coloured yarn and what i would call a lacing stitch. you are sewing the edges together so the afghan is flat on the back and front – no ridge. so you are effectively lacing the two edges together. i hope this helps and makes sense! (Source)
Image source: Louise
Thanks to Louise for this article inspiration and featured image.
If you enjoyed this article please share and and Like our Facebook page.