- [Free Pattern] Priceless 18 Karat Shawl To Treasure And Adore For Years
- [Free Pattern] Quick, Easy And Round, This Wheel Baby Blanket Is Just Perfect!
- [Free Pattern] This Sweet Diamonds And Daisies Baby Blanket Makes The Perfect Gift For Any Baby
- [Free Pattern] This Crochet Bag Is Perfect For Your Every Day Grocery Shopping
- [Free Pattern] Fabulous Popcorn And Winter Nights Square To Celebrate The Spirit Of The Season
The blanket is fabulous and the border finishes it off perfectly! It is based on the Flower Burst Square by Chris Simon, a simple design that is simply beautiful. This block is easy to make and pretty and looks a lot different with different color combinations, however I love the soft colors in the featured afghan, and they are so delicate and look so lovely together.
the yarn was an 8 ply/double knit and i used a 4mm hook. the colours just came together – there was no plan or scheme but i did want a limited palette.
jana – i sewed the squares together using the taupe coloured yarn and what i would call a lacing stitch. you are sewing the edges together so the afghan is flat on the back and front – no ridge. so you are effectively lacing the two edges together. i hope this helps and makes sense! (Source)
Image source: Louise
Thanks to Louise for this article inspiration and featured image.
If you enjoyed this article please share and and Like our Facebook page.