- [Paid Pattern] A Little Granny Square Inspiration Goes A Long Way
- Lovely, Quick And Easy Crochet Throw Pattern
- Cutest Granny Square Baby Booties Free Crochet Pattern
- [Free Pattern] Jack’o Lantern Dishcloth To Bring The Halloween Celebration Into Your Kitchen
- [Free Pattern] This Super-Cute & Quick Bunny Crochet Pattern Just Melted My Heart!
Do you know how it is when you go out for a walk with a friend and suddenly see someone with a scarf that you instantly love? Check this scarf out! Gorgeous is the least you can say about it! The Easy Drop Stitch Scarf Pattern is designed by Christine Vogel of Frazzled Knits.
This scarf uses a horizontal drop stitch or seafoam pattern. It is fun and easy to make, and looks beautiful in a variegated yarn. It is well suited to yarns that are a little slippery or silky.
After wearing, my scarf (made with 273 yards of Handmaiden Lady Godiva) is about 70 inches/178cm long, and 5 inches/13 cm wide along the length with the garter stitch ends about 7 inches/18 cm wide.
This drop stitch pattern looks great in variegated yarn as it showcases the yarn and gives it a “stained glass” look.
Apparently it’s much easier to knit with the straights than on circular needles. Pattern is really quick, is quite addictive, and doesn’t use a lot of yarn.
Here are a couple of finished projects that turned out beautifully, don’t you think?
Image source alpaca meadows
Image source Thanks to Christine Vogel for this article inspiration and images.