- [Free Pattern] This Crochet Headband Feels Comfortable, Fits Securely And Looks Amazing!
- [Photo Tutorial] How to Russian Join Yarn -Without Weaving In Ends
- [Free Pattern] Lovely And Adventurous Design: Flower Tile Afghan Square
- [Free Pattern] This Adorable Granny Square Will Bring French Landscape Gardens Into Your Room
- This Awesome Mini Galaxy Of Change Baby Blanket Free Crochet Pattern Is Simply Stunning!
This basket is a fabulous project! Basket or fancy bag, the Ropey Rainbow Basket by Alia Bland is clever and practical, very festive and functional Easy and addictive, this brightly colored, sturdy basket is a great way to get rid of scraps too. After all, everyone needs a rainbow in their life! 😉
Yarn in an array of colours (approx 1000-1200m).
For my first rainbow basket I used Stylecraft Special DK in citron, fondant, pomegranate, petrol, aspen, and a random green I found in my stash.
For the second basket pictured in this tutorial I used Rico Essentials Cotton DK in Aquamarine, Pistachio, Grass Green, Cobalt Blue, Purple, Candy Pink, Pumpkin & Banana. A grey Drops cotton was used in the base.
Rope. I used approx 21 metres of 9mm nylon rope to make a basket approximately 35cm in diameter x 30cm high. The same quantity of 8mm rope was used in the first basket. I think you could use rope in any size, though thicker rope will make a more sturdy basket.
Hook. I used a 5mm/H hook.
Lighter or matches. These come in useful for any joins that you may need to make with the rope as well as for sealing the cut.
Check out the original source for this pattern with all the directions and full written patternat: The Little Bee
Thanks to Alia Bland for the article inspiration and featured image.
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.