- [Free Pattern] Absolutely Stunning Purple Popcorn Afghan!
- [Free Pattern] Take Your Fall Look To The Next Level With This Super Simple Yet Stunning Boomerang Shawl
- [Free Pattern] Beautifully Organize Your Space With These Rectangular Nesting Baskets ( Two Sizes Available)
- [Video Tutorial] How To Crochet The Heart Stitch
- 10 Beautiful Crochet Dresses For Women – Free Patterns
If you’re a fan of knitting gifts you’re going to love these knitted soap socks. The pattern is simple and yet so adorable and everybody is going to love it. Do you know how it feel to get a gift that you actually want? This is THAT type of gift. And,if the soap is hand made too, then it’s even a better treat. This soap sock pattern is available for free courtesy of Olivia Rainsford.
The idea behind these is that, as the soap shrinks with use, the wool felts through rubbing and the use of hot and cold water. I had loads of these finished, but everyone who has seen them so far has bought one or two off me – which is a good sign, but honestly I have to stockpile a little before Advent starts. They look cute. They smell nice. They’re cheap to make (I buy the soap at Aldi – no one sees it because it’s sewn into the soap). And even a novice knitter like me can make them.
felting wool (I can make 4 or 5 socks from one 50g skein)
and a set of DPNs/straight knitting needles.
(I used a size 5 mm.)
Image source Gingerbread Lady.
For more information check out: Gingerbread Lady.
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.