- [Free Pattern] Beautiful Heart Motif Dishcloth
- [Free Pattern] Cute Tapestry Crochet Cactus Granny Square
- [Photo Tutorial] Learn A New Crochet Stitch: The Crochet Lemon Peel Stitch
- Learn A New Crochet Stitch: Crochet Royal Stitch
- [Free Pattern] Comfort Your Baby With This Adorable Dino Baby Hooded Blanket
Charming look, don’t you think? To me, this sunhat looks like a Vintage 60’s sun hat! I love this Summer Joy Sunhat by Maria Bittner, is perfect for this season and it’s perfect for any age with a simple change in colors. This pattern is tailored for an Adult/Approximately 22-23”; 8″ Long but you can get Newborn to Teen sizing on Maria’s site.
I made this one in acrylic worsted weight yarn but I think it would look fabulous in cotton too (you may have to go down a size). If you want a big, floppy beach brim, just add a few more rows and while I provide the option of a crab stitch finish, I actually like this one with just a plain edge. The whole point is to make it your own and have fun!
Image source: Flickr
Thanks to Maria Bittner for article inspiration and featured image.
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.