- [Free Pattern] Super-Stylish One Skein Crochet Scarf
- [Free Pattern] This Adorable Ditty Bag Is The Perfect Little Gift Bag
- [Video Tutorial] This Cute Spiral Granny Square Is Surprisingly Easy To Crochet
- [Free Pattern] This Peppermint Pinwheel Doily Will Make Your Christmas Decor Look Epic
- [Free Pattern] Adorable Round Teddies All Bundled Up In Their Colourful Scarves!
Are you a Call The Midwife fan? Maybe you saw the beautiful blankets but never dreamed you’d see a pattern. I think you’ll like this Call the Midwife Inspired Baby Blanket by Little Monkeys Crochet. It is one of the stunning baby blankets on the show.
One really fun thing about BBC’s television series “Call the Midwife” is its wide array of gorgeous baby blankets. It’s impossible as a crocheter to not notice them. One of them really caught my eye, and after some trial-and-error, I think I’ve managed to replicate the pattern, and I want to share it with you! Wouldn’t this make the perfect gift for a new mommy who is a fan of the show?
The blanket is begun with a chain in multiples of 16, plus 6 to account for the spacing that occurs at the beginning of every row. I created mine with a light weight, super soft acrylic yarn, and a size G hook, however I think my pattern scaled out larger than the one in the photo. If you really want to get it exact, you’ll probably need to use a fine weight yarn and a smaller hook. It was already enough of a stretch for me to use a G hook to create an entire baby blanket, so you won’t see me attempting this with anything smaller. 😉 (Source)
Image source: Little Monkeys Crochet.
Thanks to Little Monkeys Crochet for article inspiration and featured image.
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.