- This Motivational Crochet Bag Is The Perfect Gift Idea That Would Make Anyone Happy
- Free Crochet Doily Pattern With A Royal Design
- [Free Pattern] Versatile Crochet Poncho Design For Spring Time
- These Quick Heart Pattern Makes Cute Valentine’s Gifts For All The Girls In Your Family
- [Free Pattern] Knitted Monster Pants With Mouth And Teeth
If you know nothing about Tunisian crochet, this project and tutorial is a wonderful opportunity for you, to learn how to do Tunisian crochet stitches. Tunisian crochet creates beautiful fabrics and knowing how to make them is a skill many people desire to have. For those in the very beginning, here you’ll learn how to make a Tunisian Crochet fabric using the basic Tunisian Simple Stitch.
For those who already know the Tunisian crochet basics, making these Tunisian Crochet Washcloths designed by Purl Soho, may be extremely easy. You’ll be old friends with this new technique in about ten minutes. This particular project uses a 5.0 mm Afghan crochet hook, one of those elongated, weird -maybe- looking hooks, but with amazing results. Have fun making these thick and wonderfully soft Tunisian crochet dishcloths today.
Even if you’ve never held a crochet hook before, Tunisian Crochet is one of the easiest places to start. Learn how on the Purl Bee, and use your new skills to whip up a set of our decadently thick and wonderfully soft Tunisian Crochet Washcloths!
- A size H (5.0 mm) Afghan crochet hook
- 2 skeins of Blue Sky’s Skinny Cotton, 100% Organic Cotton, in the color Birch (shown above, right).
- 2 skeins of Cascade’s Ultra Pima, 100% Pima Cotton, 1 in the color Buff (shown above, middle) and 1 in the color Marigold (shown above, left).
Note: This is enough to yarn to make the three washcloths shown here, plus at least 5 others of your own design.
5 1/4 stitches = 1 inch in Tunisian simple stitch
8 x 8 inches
Thanks to Purl Soho for article inspiration and featured image.
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.