- [Free Pattern] Very Easy FanTail Baby Blanket With Unique Stitch
- [Photo Tutorial] This Invisible Finish Technique Works Perfect. Very Clever!
- [Free Pattern] This Really Simple And Quick Afghan Pattern Is Unbelievable Beautiful
- Baby Hat And Booties Free Crochet Patterns
- [Photo Tutorial] This Gorgeous Crochet Square Blanket Pattern It’s Beautiful To Look At And Quite Easy To Do
If is official spring, we are getting closer to summer and these two seasons are all about flowers and blossoms. So, that’s a good enough reason for us, to look at some crocheted flowers patterns. One of my favorite flowers is poppy.When we talk about red poppies most people immediately think of Remembrance Day but did you know that there is a deeper meaning of poppy?
Image source: Martin LaBar
Poppy is a symbol of Morpheus, the Greek god of dreams and is also associated with the root chakra. In Christianity, the red petals of the poppy symbolize the blood of a sacrificed Christ and in Chinese symbolism, the poppy represents rest, beauty and success. So much meaning for this incredibly potent flower!
The Crocheted Poppies Pattern by Suzanne Resaul comes with 5 different versions and you can see them on the next pages.
There are 5 versions in this pattern.
They all start the same way with the black centre.
US crochet terms are used.
Making other sizes with larger or smaller yarn:
Use a hook size smaller than the yarn ball suggests.
For larger yarns, chunky and bulky, I make the black centre with hdc instead of sc.
Source: Suzanne Resaul
Go to the next page to see Crocheted Poppy – Version 1.