- [Free Pattern] These Cute Little Angels Will Take You To A Dreamworld
- [Photo Tutorial] Love This Mandala! It’s Gorgeous, Fast And Fun!
- Beautiful Crochet Triangle Doily
- [Video Tutorial] This Super Simple Crochet Baby Blanket Is An Easy Beginner Crochet Project
- Tonia Cypert-Hale Shared I bought the pattern from MJ’s Off the
Here is a beginner’s guide to increasing and decreasing in crochet . The tutorial from Sara McFall of My Merry Messy Life covers: increasing in the round, single crochet decrease , half double crochet decrease, double crochet decrease.
First, let’s start with increasing. This is a crochet technique that is used to make the width of your project wider. A project is made longer by adding more rows, but it is made wider by adding increasing stitches. An increasing stitch is simply two of the same stitch in one space.
Single Crochet Decrease
Now let’s move on to decreasing. Decreasing is important to learn in order to make things like ear flaps on a winter hat and clothing. There are different techniques for both single, half double and double crochet, and I have a photo tutorial for each of them for you!
The photo tutorial is beautifully done with very clear pictures and instructions.
If you’re more of a visual learner you’ll love the video tutorial below. Happy crocheting!
Thanks to Sara for this article inspiration and featured image. Thanks to ChiCrochet for the video tutorials.
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.