- [Free Pattern + Video Tutorial] Turn This Beautiful Bavarian Or Wool Eater Stitch Into A Beautiful Baby Blanket Or Afghan
- Lovely Little Beaded Crochet Baby Shoes
- [Video Tutorial] Beautiful Circle Afghan Blanket Adds A Rainbow Of Color To Any Room
- Crochet Pillow Pattern For The Creative Crafters
- [Free Pattern] This Baby Blanket And Hat Set Is So Simple Yet Stunning!
This pattern is really simple and fast! It’s quite hard to believe that such a nice looking blanket could be so easy to make! The texture created by this stitch suggests softness. This Basket Weave Baby Blanket by Dot Matthews looks so warm and cozy! If you’re aiming to make a baby blanket using this pattern, make sure you follow the yarn recommendations. The texture is so reach so you don’t want this blanket too heavy for a baby blanket. The basket stitch pattern can always be used to make a lovely lap blanket, an adult afghan or even a cover for a pillow.
SIZE: approximately 45″ x 45″ – don’t stress over the size it’s a square baby blanket. I could have stretched it to about 60″ or scooched it up to 35″. Just make it the size you like it.
SKILL: intermediate – because of the front post and back post double crochets
HOOK SIZE: L-11/8mm (M optional for foundation chain)
YARN: 2 skeins Caron One Pound Sky Blue – 28 oz/1428 yds. 100% Acrylic worsted weight, 4 ply
Check out the original source for this pattern with all the directions and full written pattern at: Crochetville Community
Thanks to Dot Matthews for the article inspiration and featured image.
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.