- [Photo Tutorial] This Invisible Finish Technique Works Perfect. Very Clever!
- Learn A New Crochet Stitch: The Cabbage Patch Stitch
- [Free Pattern] Cool Crocheted Couch Caddy To Hold Remotes And Other TV Items
- Crochet Mandala Placemats To Decorate Your Table In Style
- [Free Pattern] Create Your Own Winter Wonderland Blanket With This Beautiful Winter Rose Square
Ponchos are a versatile addition to any outfit! Ideal for colder evenings, ponchos are also fabulous when done in light version. Great clothing piece to match your office outfit or for any relaxing weekend, Kelley’s Ponchito by Julie Blagojevich is light as a feather and dreamy-soft to wear, when done in the appropriate yarn.
Kelley’s Ponchito is a light and lacy poncho crocheted from side to side as a single rectangle and then seamed to create the poncho shape. The neck opening is crocheted last. Kelley’s Ponchito offers a change from the usual wrap and shawl shapes. However, the design can be crocheted and worn as a rectangular wrap, as well.
Dimensions: The completed and blocked piece is 31 in. (78 cm) around the top of the neck and 25 in. (63 cm) from the top to the poncho point.
The following stitches were used: chain; double crochet; extended single crochet; foundation single crochet; single crochet; slip stitch.
The pattern pdf includes 6 photos and a schematic to aid you in creating the poncho shape.
Check out the original source for this pattern with all the directions and full written pattern at: CrochetWorks
Thanks to Julie Blagojevich for the article inspiration and featured image.
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.