- Crochet Mandala Placemats To Decorate Your Table In Style
- [Free Pattern] Fabulous And Easy To Make Baby Sweater
- [Free Pattern] You Will Love The Feel Of This Soft, Round Carpet Under Your Feet
- Wheelchair Lapghan Pattern -It Can Be Used As A Lapghan On Couch Or Wheelchair
- [Free Pattern] This Tic Tac Toe Game Travel Bag With Magnets Is Ideal For Kids And When Being On The Road
There must be something with grandmas making these hot pads! This Double-thick Diagonally Crocheted Potholder by Andrea Mielke is quick and easy to make and lasts forever! Not really, but you get the idea. It’s also a pattern that looks like the one grandmas use to crochet. Make these simple yet interesting potholders to use your scrap thread and have fun varying sizes and adding stripes.
I placed my color changes along the side edge and you can hardly notice them. I used some occasional spike stiches to jazz things up a bit. The smaller potholders are 32 ch across for a lady sized hand. The bigger one is 40 across, for Mom’s husband Stan in case he uses one… he is a really big guy. I think this size makes a nice trivet too. (Source)
Check out the original source for this pattern with all the directions and full written pattern at: Mielke’s Fiber Arts
Thanks to Andrea for article inspiration and featured image.
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.