- Incredibly Cute Gingerbread Man Baby Booties You Can Make Really Quick
- [Free Pattern] Very Clever Crochet Square With Inspiring Design And Colorways
- [Free Pattern] Gorgeous, Simple And Quick, This Easy One Skein Scarf Crochet Pattern Is Just What A Beginner Needs!
- Dragonfly Coasters And Coasters Basket-Free Crochet Pattern
- It Only Takes 1 Hour To Make This Cute And Easy Little Girl’s Crochet Purse
There must be something with grandmas making these hot pads! This Double-thick Diagonally Crocheted Potholder by Andrea Mielke is quick and easy to make and lasts forever! Not really, but you get the idea. It’s also a pattern that looks like the one grandmas use to crochet. Make these simple yet interesting potholders to use your scrap thread and have fun varying sizes and adding stripes.
I placed my color changes along the side edge and you can hardly notice them. I used some occasional spike stiches to jazz things up a bit. The smaller potholders are 32 ch across for a lady sized hand. The bigger one is 40 across, for Mom’s husband Stan in case he uses one… he is a really big guy. I think this size makes a nice trivet too. (Source)
Check out the original source for this pattern with all the directions and full written pattern at: Mielke’s Fiber Arts
Thanks to Andrea for article inspiration and featured image.
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.