- [Free Pattern] Wild Flower Not-So-Typical Granny Square Afghan
- Learn A New Crochet Stitch: Multicolored Arrow Stitch
- [Photo+ Video Tutorial] How To Crochet 8, 9 And 12 Petal Flower Coasters
- [Video Tutorial] Learn A New Stitch: The Treble Crochet Stitch
- [Video Tutorial] Beautiful Crystal Waves Crochet Stitch For Fast And Easy Baby Blankets
This is a very interesting looking block! The construction of this 6 inch square is incredible. Probably one of the cleverest things I’ve ever crocheted. This 16-Circles Square by Beatriz Medina is a great pattern–it looks like 16 individual circles, but it’s not!
The square I’m posting today wasn’t the first one I designed — this one is from 1997 — but it’s the one I’m most proud of. The step-by-step pictures were made by my friend Vera Lucia Krauss, known in Brazilian crochet circles as Veralu49, senior crochet- and tricot-sorceress. Many many thanks, Veralu!!!! To make the unusual construction of the pattern more easily understandable, Veralu used different colors for each half-row, but each circle series is made with one and only color.
Thanks to Beatriz Medina for the article inspiration and featured image.
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.