- This 30 Minute Basic Bulky Beanie Is The Perfect Last Minute Gift
- [Free Pattern] This Soft And Delicate Forever Lace Block Is Quick And Easy To Stitch
- [Free Pattern] This Gorgeous Sampler Afghan Is The Perfect Learn-To-Crochet Project
- [Video Tutorial] Learn A New Crochet Stitch: Big Fan Stitch
- [Free Pattern] This Fabulous Block Works Up Easily And Has A Great Shape
Timeless and elegant pattern! The Renaissance Beauty Throw by Carol Alexander is made in beautiful lacy squares. If you love instant gratification and dislike stitching lots of pieces together at the end, you’ll love how this throw in made by joining the squares as you go! The finished throw measures 52” x 65”.
I chose Red Heart’s “Renaissance Beauty Throw” pattern for this yarn (ended up being a good choice; it’s such an open design that I am getting 10 squares per skein) and added a row of double crochet (the original pattern was a little too open for me) and loops for a flat-braid join. I am such a sucker for instant gratification that I really prefer to join my squares as I work. (Source)
I added a row of double crochet to each square (after the original pattern ends) and then loops for a Priscilla Hewitt’s flat-braid join (http://priscillascrochet.net/free%20patterns/Afghan%20Edg…) to connect the squares. I like to join as I go! (Source)
Image Source: Amy
Thanks to Carol Alexander & Amy for this article inspiration and featured image.
If you enjoyed this article please share and and Like our Facebook page.