- [Free Pattern] Cute Tapestry Crochet Cactus Granny Square
- [Free Pattern] Put More Style Into Your Kitchen With This Tea Towel Crochet Pattern
- [Free Pattern] Learn A New Crochet Stitch: Snapdragon Stitch (+Scarf Pattern Included)
- [Free Pattern] 11 Tote Bags That Never Go Out Of Style
- [Free Pattern] These Yoga Socks Are Perfect For Any Activity Where You Want Some Warmth And Comfort But Don’t Want To Slide Around
This square looks phenomenal! The colors used in the featured square and the style makes me think of stained glass windows, the type you see in old churches, only that… this is crochet! Pretty amazing design! This Denna Square by Polly Plum is a perfect project for an advanced beginner or adventurous beginner.
This square is simple to construct using only basic stitches and a few front post trebles. Yet, she will add an element of charm to any project. Perfect for the advanced beginner or adventurous beginner.
Samples crocheted in (mostly) Caron Simply Soft with an H/5.0mm hook and moderate tension measured 12”. If you’ve crocheted my squares before you’re probably used to them coming in under the 12” mark. This tends to be because I am a rather “loose hooker.” You may find this square to be a little different. You’ll notice I decreased my hook size. And I recommend you check your gauge. My squares that measured exactly 12” were 4.5” at the widest part of round 4.
Denna Square Free Crochet Pattern
Hooks & yarn
5.0 mm (H)
Caron Simply Soft Solids
Red Heart Soft Solids & Heathers
My list of colors for the square are as follows:
R6: Grey Heather
R7: Grape (Red Heart Soft, Caron just doesn’t make a purple this nice, no one does)
R8: Charcoal Heather
R12: Cool Green
R13: Forest Green (I believe this is discontinued now, and Dark Sage Green is a close replacement)
To get the pattern, please click the name of the pattern:Denna Square
Image source: Polly Plum
Thanks to Polly for the article inspiration and featured image.
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.