- [Video Tutorial] Easy To Crochet Baby’s First Christmas Blanket
- [Free Pattern] Pretty Crochet Baby Beanie With Flower
- [Free Pattern] This Drop Stitch Scarf Looks Great In Variegated Yarn
- [Free Pattern] Keep The Tissues In One Place With This Adorable Whale Tissue Cozy
- [Free Pattern] These Baby Girl Shoes Melt My Heart
I love, love, love Ladybirds, they are adorable. Some even say they are lucky. So if you wanna try making one you’ll need some red and black yarn, some stuffing and some googly eyes. I love this Crochet Ladybirds free pattern from Lucy at attic24, the design is easy and quick to make and the all project is so much fun.
I used DK weight acrylic yarn on a 3.5mm hook, and the largest body measures 6cm, the medium 5cm and the smallest 4cm. Yes, I did manage to make three different sizes which was a happy accident when I lost count of my counting.
What you need to know:
The body is worked in a continuous spiral, so no turning. Please use a stitch marker if you find it a challenge to keep count of the rounds (!) I managed to do it without a stitch marker, but eh-hem, I do often lose count and have to fudge it many a time.
You will also need to know how to do some basic embroidery stitches :: back stitch and french knots.
Image source: flickr
Thanks to Luci of attic24 for this article inspiration and featured image.
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.