- [Free Pattern] Incredibly Unique Christmas Tree Crochet Scarf Everyone Will Love
- [Video Tutorial] Super Easy Extra Large Bow Ties Stitch Cardigan
- [Free Pattern] Everybody Loves This Mountain Ridges Textured Afghan With A Modern Look
- Let it Go Crochet Blanket Free Pattern Is A Grannytastic Stash Buster (Written And Video Instruction)
- Retro Vibe Square And Bedspread Free Crochet Pattern
Sometimes when I see a lovely baby blanket, I immediately wish that someone in my family or maybe one of my friends is going to have a baby soon. Just for the pleasure of making that beautiful blanket! Does it happen to you too? This Tiramisu Baby Blanket by Alicia Paulson is that type of pattern. The blanket it’s beautiful, fast, simple and elegant. The recommended cotton yarn is very baby and wash-friendly! And the ribbon is a gorgeous touch! I just love the ribbon! I am in love with this little blanket!
So to be safe I picked a butter yellow and sage green (they are “neutral,” right?) yarn and got to work. I am SO drawn to baby yarn (soft! pastel! fuzzy! soft!) and chose Baby’s First by Lion Brand Yarns. It’s an interesting yarn that is fairly thick and kind of rounded — a great feel to it. For my blanket I knew I wanted a solid color middle with some cute border/edging in complementary colors, and I also knew I wanted a pretty simple middle but not just plain single crochet. Alicia Paulson’s sweet “Tiramisu Blanket” pattern was the perfect choice! Interesting texture and pattern but a nice dense weave as well. I used her “main blanket” section of the pattern for the body of my blanket.
For the edging, I fell back on an old favorite, the sweetheart border from Jean Leinhauser’s book, 50 More Crocheted Afghan Borders (the same one I used on my fleece blanket and my little heart granny square baby blanket). (Source)
Image source: yarnaway
Featured image: Alicia
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.