- This Lovely Spring Crochet Blanket Would Make A Very Nice Gift
- How To Turn A Squared Waffle Dishcloth Into A Waffle Blanket Any Size
- [Free Pattern] 13 Beautiful Free Crochet Patterns For Long Scarves & Infinity Scarves
- [Free Pattern] Beautiful And Colorful Square That Will Always Cheer You Up
- [Free Pattern] Simple And Adorable Coasters That Will Make Your Home Extremely Awesome
What is your favorite baby shower gift? Mine are handmade blankets and things that are made with so much love. This beautiful blanket stitch from Crochet Spot is perfect for a baby blanket in a pretty pink or blue or for a regular afghan with bright colors!
This easy stitch is perfect for an afghan or blanket. It is just sets of 3 stitches, one single crochet and two doubles. Once you get into the hang of it, you can do it in your sleep!
The How To Crochet: Blanket Stitch photo tutorial offered by Robin Beersshows the stitch pattern, which can be used with just about any yarn you like. If you’ve been searching for an easy crochet pattern for baby blankets you should try this one. The directions are so clear. You should feel quite comfortable trying it.
Decide how wide you want your blanket to be and chain the proper number in multiples of 3. I chained 108 for this blanket and it is about 31 inches wide.
Image source: flickr.
You can change colors after a few rows for a multicolored effect.
What colors would you choose?
Oh, and by the way, feel free to try this stitch on a scarf if you want! Experiment!
Check out the original source for this pattern with all the directions and full written pattern at: Crochet Spot
Thanks to Robin for this article inspiration and featured image.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter to receive awesome free crochet patterns, just like this, delivered straight to your inbox every day!