- [Free Pattern + Video Tutorial] Sunburst Granny Square Pattern
- [Free Pattern] Precious Little Crochet Hat Takes Your Breath Away!
- [Video Tutorial] This Moroccan Tile Afghan Is Absolutely Beautiful In All Sizes
- [Free Pattern] Have Wonderful Fun With These Playful And Creative Crochet Butterflies
- [Free Pattern] This Super-Cool Grinch Wreath Is Clearly One Of A Kind!
This is the simplest pattern! Learn how to turn a granny square into a pouch with this very easy tutorial courtesy of Mikaela. Kids love these little crochet pouches!
A crochet pouch is such a darling idea with so many uses. You can take it with you when you are traveling, you can use it as a gift pouch for jewelry, cosmetics, ear plugs, money or handkerchief, basically any small item can be stored in this very cute and very easy crochet pouch.
How To Turn A Granny Square Into A Pouch
What you will need.
A crochet square. For this one I am using my Tiny Star Square pattern which ends with a final stitch count of 112 sts. You can use any square you like and I have included how to adjust the pouch pattern to accomodate different stitch counts.
Crochet hook to match your yarn and square. I used a 4mm (G) hook.
Yarn to match your square. I used Paintbox Cotton DK in Seville Orange.
A button. Go through your button collection or make a crochet button! My button for the Rainbow Puff Square was crocheted using a tutorial I found on Pinterest and I used a 20mm (3/4in) pink button from my stash for the Tiny Star Square pouch.
Yarn needle, 2 stitch markers or safety pins and scissors.
Save this pattern for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST
Get the pattern: Granny square into a pouch.
Thanks to Mikaela. for the article inspiration and featured image.