- [Free Pattern] This Wine Bottle Cozy Is An Insanely Clever Gift For People Who Love To Drink
- Debbie Harford Shared Another view of the same afghan
- [Free Pattern] Mind-Blowingly Cute And Simple Spider Pom-Pom Hat
- [Free Pattern] Absolutely Adorable Woodland Granny Square Afghan Crochet Pattern
- [Free Pattern] This Super Soft Baby Blanket Is Perfect For A Baby Shower Gift For Any Mom To Be!
This crochet pillow pattern is a classic crochet project which reminds me of the pillows my Gramma had made.The Pinwheel Pillow pattern by Morgan Forrester requires an Advanced Beginner crocheter level skill. It uses the following crochet techniques: Crocheting in the Round, Simple Increases, Changing Colours. Great project to use the leftover yarn.
Skill level: Advanced Beginner
Techniques Used: Crocheting in the Round, Simple Increases, Changing Colours
The ‘pinwheel’, or ‘zig-zag pillow’ is a classic crochet project. This new pattern is modernized with simplified shaping.
It is also streamlined by omitting one feature; these cushions, in decades passed, were usually worked with a hard circular centre covering the join, much like the centre of a flower. With this new pattern it is no longer necessary to cover the centre join.
This gives the cushion a modern look. It’s comfier too. Instructions for a centre are included, in case you’re feeling nostalgic.
There are also optional finishing instructions for ‘couching’ the pillow. This pillow is worked in colours inspired by our store, but the possibilities are endless. It’s a great stash-buster!
Thanks to Morgan Forrester for this article inspiration
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.