- [Free Pattern] Any Little Girl Would Love Wrapping This Cape Around Her Shoulders And Showing It Off
- Super Simple Lightweight Crochet Hat Pattern [Free Through July 15, 2020]
- [Video Tutorial] Vintage Or Modern? Easy To Customize Amazing Flower Afghan Pattern To Suit Your Taste
- This 1 Ball Baby Blanket Makes A Great Last Minute Present [Free Pattern]
- [Video Tutorial] Lovely Beginner- Friendly Baby Blanket
A really interesting variation on the good old granny square.You can easily make a crochet blanket using this pattern. It’s easy enough for beginners, but still fun for everyone else. This Modern Mitered Granny Square by Sue Rivers makes really stunning blankets. Visit Sue’s blog for directions and photos on making this mitered granny square.
Ok, back to the subject at hand…these are easy to do and have many possibilities with different color combinations. For my blanket, I was going for a half log cabin quilt sorta thing, with a modern look. I decided to do as many variations of the 5 colors I chose as I could, with an off white to border each square. I am using Loops and Threads Impeccable, as I didn’t want to spend lots of money on all the yarn I need for this. It is worsted weight and I am using a size 7 (4.5mm) hook.
Image source: Sue Rivers
Thanks to Sue Rivers for article inspiration and featured image.
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.