- This Tunisian Crochet Shrug Pattern Is Super-Fun And So Relaxing!
- [Paid Pattern] Very Quick And Absolutely Adorable This Baby Afghan Pattern Is The Perfect Pattern For A Last Minute Gift
- [Video Tutorial] This Wise Old Owl Is Fun, Cute And A Real Confidence Booster!
- [Free Pattern] You’ll Be Surprised How Simple Is To Make This Awesome Trivet
- [Free Pattern] These Interlocking Rings Are Something You Definitely Want To Try
There must be something with grandmas making these hot pads! This Double-thick Diagonally Crocheted Potholder by Andrea Mielke is quick and easy to make and lasts forever! Not really, but you get the idea. It’s also a pattern that looks like the one grandmas use to crochet. Make these simple yet interesting potholders to use your scrap thread and have fun varying sizes and adding stripes.
I placed my color changes along the side edge and you can hardly notice them. I used some occasional spike stiches to jazz things up a bit. The smaller potholders are 32 ch across for a lady sized hand. The bigger one is 40 across, for Mom’s husband Stan in case he uses one… he is a really big guy. I think this size makes a nice trivet too. (Source)
Check out the original source for this pattern with all the directions and full written pattern at: Mielke’s Fiber Arts
Thanks to Andrea for article inspiration and featured image.
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.