- [Free Pattern] Any Size You Wish Happy Fruit-Striped Blanket
- [Video Tutorial] Backing A Crochet Blanket Made Simple
- [Free Pattern] Super Simple And Adorable Bobble Stitch Pattern Available In Three Sizes
- Easy Pansy Free Crochet Pattern Is A Charming Applique For Any Crochet Project
- Very Easy Free Baby Sweater Crochet Pattern
I think this pattern makes a beautiful block! This Spiro Star Flower by Helen Shrimpton has a brilliant design and it looks great in two colors, as originally designed, as in many more color combinations. I love the effect of all those back post stitches. This beautiful 12 inch Square is rated for an intermediate level, so you’ll need to know a few special stitches but then again, together with the written pattern, you’ll get a great photo tutorial too, so this may make this pattern a lot easier to crochet.
I designed this square to be used as a 12 inch square using two colours. You may of course use as many colours as you wish. If using a lighter weight yarn the square will be smaller (double knit comes out at approx 10 inches with a 4mm hook).
The patern also has three options for the final round, photos and optional details are included on the last page of the pdf.
Image source: Helen Shrimpton
Thanks to Helen for the article inspiration and featured image.
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.