- Learn A New Crochet Stitch: Cherries And Flowers
- [Video Tutorial + Free Pattern] Stunningly Beautiful Diamond Ridges Crochet Hat To Keep You Cozy In The Cold Seasons To Come
- This Granny Squares And Stripes Blanket Is Great Pattern For Scrap Yarns
- Debra Lienhart Shared Here is my latest baby Afghan. I think
- [Free Pattern] How To Quickly Make A Cozy Baby Cocoon Sleep Sack
I love this beautiful African Flower pattern! Easy to make, this amazing crochet African Flower designed by Joanne L. from Craft Passion comes with free written pattern. Use the join as you go method, just like Granny Square, to make blanket, afghan, shawl, bag, table runner, cushion cover, soccer ball toy, coaster, pincushion, dress etc.
Just like Granny Square, African Flower is a crochet block but in hexagonal shape, it can be joined next to each other to become a bigger piece and make into blanket, afghan, shawl, bag, table runner, cushion cover, soccer ball toy, coaster, pincushion, dress etc…. you name it!
Why does it call African Flower and not something related to it’s shape, for example Hexes, Hexagon Flower etc… According to some findings from the net, some said a lady saw this pattern from a South African community, so she gave it a name “Africa Flower”. There are some arguments around about the originality of the pattern since some saw it in the 70’s and it is called Paperweight Granny, much earlier than the version of the South African
Image source: Joanne L
Thanks to Joanne L for this article inspiration.
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.