- [Free Pattern] Adorable Baby Owl Cocoon & Hat Pattern Can Be Easily Turned Into Just About Any Bug
- [Free Pattern] Quick & Easy, Knit and Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
- [Free Pattern] This Fascinating Pinwheels Afghan Will Make You Happy Just Looking At It
- [Free Pattern] This Exceptional Floral Dimension Afghan Square Offers Lots Of Scope For Playing With Color
- Amazing Spiral Afghan Free Crochet Pattern
A really interesting variation on the good old granny square.You can easily make a crochet blanket using this pattern. It’s easy enough for beginners, but still fun for everyone else. This Modern Mitered Granny Square by Sue Rivers makes really stunning blankets. Visit Sue’s blog for directions and photos on making this mitered granny square.
Ok, back to the subject at hand…these are easy to do and have many possibilities with different color combinations. For my blanket, I was going for a half log cabin quilt sorta thing, with a modern look. I decided to do as many variations of the 5 colors I chose as I could, with an off white to border each square. I am using Loops and Threads Impeccable, as I didn’t want to spend lots of money on all the yarn I need for this. It is worsted weight and I am using a size 7 (4.5mm) hook.
Image source: Sue Rivers
Thanks to Sue Rivers for article inspiration and featured image.
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.