- [Photo Tutorial] Grandma Twinkle Is Fabulous
- [Photo Tutorial] This Stitch Is So Easy You Can Do It In Your Sleep!
- [Free Pattern] Get Into the Holiday Spirit With This Cheery Merry Christmas Wreath
- Adorable Crochet X Stitch Hat Pattern
- [Free Pattern] This Easy Log Cabin Afghan It’s An Old Idea That Never Goes Out Of Style!
Sturdy and useful yet beautiful and feminine! Derek Bag by Lthingies is one of the best crochet bags I have seen to date. With a brilliant design, this bag with a masculine name that stands up on its own is beautiful, structured and versatile. Here is a tip: if you have problems making the handles, you can always recycle them from an older bag.
Derek is a crochet bag made with simple dc and sc stitches. It has a classical shape of a satchel and crochet handles to match. The opening is supported by wooden rods for a firm shape, and folded corners and buttons give the bag it’s character. A printed cotton lining is the extra detail to finish off.
Any worsted weight yarn will be perfect for working up the moss-stitch-like texture of this bag. For a more sturdy bag, try double strands of a light or medium weight yarn.
Check out the original source for this pattern with all the directions and full written pattern at: Teratai
Thanks to Lthingies for the article inspiration and featured image.
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.