- [Free Pattern] This Gorgeous Chevron Lace Cardigan Is Worked From The Top Down In One Piece
- [Free Pattern] Adorable Block Stitch Baby Blanket
- Fun, Textured, And Surprisingly Easy To Make Flower Bag Crochet Pattern
- [Free Pattern] Super-Cool & Groovy Crochet Afghan Pattern
- [Free Pattern] This Is The Prettiest Dishcloth Ever: Plum Blossom Dishcloth
Sturdy and useful yet beautiful and feminine! Derek Bag by Lthingies is one of the best crochet bags I have seen to date. With a brilliant design, this bag with a masculine name that stands up on its own is beautiful, structured and versatile. Here is a tip: if you have problems making the handles, you can always recycle them from an older bag.
Derek is a crochet bag made with simple dc and sc stitches. It has a classical shape of a satchel and crochet handles to match. The opening is supported by wooden rods for a firm shape, and folded corners and buttons give the bag it’s character. A printed cotton lining is the extra detail to finish off.
Any worsted weight yarn will be perfect for working up the moss-stitch-like texture of this bag. For a more sturdy bag, try double strands of a light or medium weight yarn.
Check out the original source for this pattern with all the directions and full written pattern at: Teratai
Thanks to Lthingies for the article inspiration and featured image.
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.