- [Free Pattern] Little Dahlia Granny Square
- [Free Pattern] This Makes A Loose, Thinner Dishcloth Than Any Other Worsted Weight Patterns
- [Free Pattern] Quick And Easy Simple Solid Granny Square
- [Written Tutorials] 4 Beautiful And Free Crochet Stitch Patterns
- [Free Pattern] This Cocoa Puff Afghan Block Is Pretty Awesome When Done Right
The Foundation Double Crochet Stitch (fdc) also called chainless foundation for double crochet, allows you to start your project without making the chain before. You actually make your chain and your double croche simultaneously, as you go. You can use the chainless foundation in your patterns, as you’ll see in the video below, there is really no much difference in the end result when using the traditional way and this chainless foundation, the only difference is that the chainless foundation is a bit stretchier.
For a better demonstration and understanding on how to work this stitch, Maggie Weldon of Maggie Crochet uses a rope which is brilliant. You can clearly and easily see how the Foundation Double Crochet Stitch is done and follow help directions with easiness.
Got inspired? Happy day crocheting!
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.