- [Photo Tutorial] Genius Technique: Crocheting 2 Rows At A Time
- [Free Pattern] Super Easy, Super Quick, Bev’s 15 Minute Snowflake Can Be Used For So Many Things
- [Free Pattern] These Granny Style Heart Doilies Add A Sweet Touch To Your Table, Or Valentine Party
- [Free Pattern] Classic Infinity Scarf And Simply Made Even For A Beginner
- [Free Pattern] This Nordic Star Has Won The Hearts Of Many!
Sounds promising, right? You’re still in time to join the Around-the-Bases (ATB) Crochet Along (CAL) with ChiChi Allen, if you wish. Read more about the first call (August 9th) here. Do you have a favorite square? Of course you do! Now is the time to make it into a beautiful afghan. If you wish to make the beautiful, bright, and cheery blanket in the featured image, the center block used is Tropical Delight published in Herrschener’s More Blue Ribbon Afghans. Pattern is available at Mellie Blossom.
It will start on August 9, 2015. A new set of rounds will be released every Sunday at 8:30 am Central Time for 16 consecutive weeks.
The CAL can be made with any weight yarn and respective hook(s) of your choice. My sample that will be featured in the CAL is made with Sheepjes Cotton 8 with a 3.25 mm hook. I will also have a sample made of worsted yarn from my stash with a 5.0 mm hook. In addition, I plan on crocheting along with the group with Scheepjes Linen Soft Yarn with a 3.50 mm hook.
The final size will depend on the size of the center block you choose as well as the yarn weight. My sample with Cotton 8 with 9-inch center block turned out 35 inches x 35 inches. (Source)
Image source: ChiChi Allen
Thanks to ChiChi Allen for the article inspiration and featured image.
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.