- [Free Pattern] Super Easy, Super Quick, Bev’s 15 Minute Snowflake Can Be Used For So Many Things
- Totally Awesome Crochet Mini Backpack Purse Free Crochet Pattern To Add A Touch Of Personality To Your Gifts
- [Free Pattern] Get Cozy With This Quick And Easy Crochet Blanket
- [Free Pattern] Give Baby The Sweetest Of Sleep And The Best Of Dreams With This Beautiful Shells Blanket
- [Video Tutorial] Learn A New Crochet Stitch: 3D Leaf Stitch
This is the simplest pattern! Learn how to turn a granny square into a pouch with this very easy tutorial courtesy of Mikaela. Kids love these little crochet pouches!
A crochet pouch is such a darling idea with so many uses. You can take it with you when you are traveling, you can use it as a gift pouch for jewelry, cosmetics, ear plugs, money or handkerchief, basically any small item can be stored in this very cute and very easy crochet pouch.
How To Turn A Granny Square Into A Pouch
What you will need.
A crochet square. For this one I am using my Tiny Star Square pattern which ends with a final stitch count of 112 sts. You can use any square you like and I have included how to adjust the pouch pattern to accomodate different stitch counts.
Crochet hook to match your yarn and square. I used a 4mm (G) hook.
Yarn to match your square. I used Paintbox Cotton DK in Seville Orange.
A button. Go through your button collection or make a crochet button! My button for the Rainbow Puff Square was crocheted using a tutorial I found on Pinterest and I used a 20mm (3/4in) pink button from my stash for the Tiny Star Square pouch.
Yarn needle, 2 stitch markers or safety pins and scissors.
Save this pattern for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST
Get the pattern: Granny square into a pouch.
Thanks to Mikaela. for the article inspiration and featured image.