- Learn A new Crochet Stitch: Tunisian Lace Stitch
- [Free Pattern] Pretty Little Pastel Pink Baby Blanket
- [Paid Pattern] This Gorgeous Crocodile Flower Crochet Square Looks Great In Any Color Variations. Check It Out!
- [Free Pattern] Cute Crochet Basket Container For Easy Organization
- Strawberry Lemonade Tote Bag Free Crochet Pattern
Do you have leftover balls of yarn just laying around from your previous crochet projects? Well, here is a great chance to use them and create something awesome. Here is a beautiful pattern from Kara of Petals To Picots. This beautiful traditional Crochet Granny Square Blanket is actually made mainly from yarn scraps and stash and of course some new yarn too. And it came out great! Now is your turn!
So what exactly is a scrapghan?
If you are new to the term scrapghan, it is exactly what you are thinking … an afghan made from scraps.
Why are scrapghans so fun?
Here are a few of my favorite things about making a scrapghan …
- reliving the memories of past projects and perhaps the special occasions or times in your life that go along with them
- the opportunity to try out a new pattern or technique without worrying about ruining your new or expensive yarn
- a chance to get creative and play with color combinations
- and of course, using up all the leftover yarn!
Image source: flickr
Thanks to Kara for this article inspiration and featured image.
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.