- [Photo Tutorial] What You Can Do With An Old T-shirt Is Brilliant: Recycled Floor Cushion
- Totally Awesome Crochet Mini Backpack Purse Free Crochet Pattern To Add A Touch Of Personality To Your Gifts
- [Video Tutorial] Bust Through Your Stash Of Yarn With This Easy Stash Buster Crochet Blanket Pattern (2 Style Scrapghan)
- Debbie Harford Shared Easy and fast. Another baby afghan done.
- [Free Pattern+Video Tutorial] Learn How to Crochet An Easy Cell Phone Case
I confess: I love baskets! I like my stuff to be sitting organized in boxes and baskets and little storage units. Whenever I go to the supermarket I am drawn to the shelves where the storage boxes are, and spend a few minutes just to check them and be delighted by their beauty. And utility!
This Diamond Trellis Basket by Esther Chandler and made using the Diamond Trellis stitch is amazing! I love the texture and the detail at the handles. They are so elegant! The pattern is free and comes in two versions: round and rectangular which you can see in the pictures below.
The pattern makes use of post stitches to improve the stiffness of the finished basket.
You can easily customise your basket to be larger or smaller than the example shown (which is 9 inches wide) by increasing or decreasing the size of the base.
The basket is worked holding 3 strands of dk yarn together – so you can mix your choice of colours if preferred, or substitute 2 strands of worsted weight yarn instead.
Click on the names of the patterns you like to go to their pattern pages!
Image source: Esther Chandler. Thanks to Esther for this article inspiration,
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.