- [Free Pattern] Stunningly Beautiful Origami Flower Square
- [Video Tutorial] The Perfect Braided Cord Design Every Woman Will Love
- [Free Pattern] By Far The Easiest Flower Purse You Will Ever Make
- [Video] Crochet For Beginners: Patched/Pyramid Beret Tutorial
- [Free Pattern] Fantastic Crochet Fox Headband For You To Make
Are you an IKEA fan? If you have any cork hot pad trivets in the house, here is a pattern you’ll ove. Brighten your IKEA cork mats with these brilliant crochet Mandala Hot Pad Trivet Cover, a pattern design by Anna Erlandsson. These trivets are fantastic and artistic. They are great decoration for your kitchen and also a great gift idea.
I recommend a 100% mercerised cotton, sport weight. Don’t use acrylic yarn as it can’t cope with the heat from hot pans. I used leftover bits of Schachenmayr Catania and Scheepjeswool’s Catona and a 3.5 mm (E) hook. You’ll also need those IKEA cork trivets and the usual suspects darning needle and scissors.
Check out the original source for this pattern with all the directions and full written pattern at: Hooked by Anna
Thanks to Anna Erlandsson for the article inspiration and featured image.
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.