- [Free Pattern] This Delightful 16 Points Blanket Has Absolutely No Seaming!
- [Video Tutorial] This Baby Chevron Cardigan Free Crochet Pattern Will Make Your Day!
- [Free Pattern] Simple Yet Amazing Variation On A Basic Granny Square
- Tabatha Reisz Shared Anther one elephant! This one is a little
- [Free Pattern] Superbly Simple Baby Blanket For Mindless Crocheting In Front Of The TV
Flowers have a language of their own. In this language, dahlia is a symbol of inner strength, creativity, dignity, elegance. The Majestic Bloom Granny Square designed by Kinga Erdem from My Hobby Is Crochet is basically a Dahlia flower in a Square Granny Square. The design comes in two versions with and without leaves and also with a tutorial in pictures. Just like the flower, this granny square is beautiful and elegant.
Materials needed:– DK weight cotton yarn in 3 colors. (I used cotton yarn, but You can chose the yarn of your choice and use an appropriate hook size)In the pattern: color A= hot pink; color B= green, color C= dark blue/ black in the picture.– 4 mm crochet hook (G)– tapestry needle to sew in the loose endsNotes:The Dahlia Granny Square is worked in rounds, starting at the center with the flower.For the version with leaves, the leaves are crocheted directly in the round, after finishing the flower, without having to sew them on later.For a nice, seamless look, the rounds will be started with standing stitches (standing sc, hdc and dc)! If you prefer you can also start the rounds using the standard starting ch 1 for sc, ch 2 for hdc and ch 3 for dc.
It is very important to count your stitches, to have exactly the same numbers as in the pattern indicated, so that the sides of the square have the same size!
Image source: flickr
Thanks to Kinga for this article inspiration and featured image.
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.