- [Free Patterns] Winged Dragon Bookmark & Winged Dragon Square -What’s Your Favorite?
- [Free Pattern] Lovely Crochet Blanket For Baby Boy
- [Free Pattern] Stretchy, Soft & Cozy – This Is The Fastest Afghan You’ll Ever Make!
- [Free Patterns] 10 Quick & Easy To Make Knit And Crochet Rugs
- [Free Pattern] This Easy Peasy, Lovely Scarf Is The Perfect Item For This Fall
There must be something with grandmas making these hot pads! This Double-thick Diagonally Crocheted Potholder by Andrea Mielke is quick and easy to make and lasts forever! Not really, but you get the idea. It’s also a pattern that looks like the one grandmas use to crochet. Make these simple yet interesting potholders to use your scrap thread and have fun varying sizes and adding stripes.
I placed my color changes along the side edge and you can hardly notice them. I used some occasional spike stiches to jazz things up a bit. The smaller potholders are 32 ch across for a lady sized hand. The bigger one is 40 across, for Mom’s husband Stan in case he uses one… he is a really big guy. I think this size makes a nice trivet too. (Source)
Check out the original source for this pattern with all the directions and full written pattern at: Mielke’s Fiber Arts
Thanks to Andrea for article inspiration and featured image.
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.