- Stunning Granny Squares Blanket In Vibrant Colors
- [Free Pattern] Fun, Quick And Looks Beautiful: Thoughts Of Spring Square
- How To Add A Beautiful Crochet Edge To A Fleece Baby Blanket
- [Free Pattern] Cute & Colourful Crochet Marshmallow Bunnies
- [Free Pattern] Create Adorable Moments With This Stunning Butterfly Baby Blanket & Cocoon Blanket
There must be something with grandmas making these hot pads! This Double-thick Diagonally Crocheted Potholder by Andrea Mielke is quick and easy to make and lasts forever! Not really, but you get the idea. It’s also a pattern that looks like the one grandmas use to crochet. Make these simple yet interesting potholders to use your scrap thread and have fun varying sizes and adding stripes.
I placed my color changes along the side edge and you can hardly notice them. I used some occasional spike stiches to jazz things up a bit. The smaller potholders are 32 ch across for a lady sized hand. The bigger one is 40 across, for Mom’s husband Stan in case he uses one… he is a really big guy. I think this size makes a nice trivet too. (Source)
Check out the original source for this pattern with all the directions and full written pattern at: Mielke’s Fiber Arts
Thanks to Andrea for article inspiration and featured image.
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.