- [Free Pattern] Fabulous Turkey Square For A Festive Crochet Afghan
- [Free Pattern] These Skulls Motifs Are Fun, Easy And Addictive!
- [Free Pattern] Make This Fabulous Plaid Hat With This Easy Technique
- [Free Pattern] Adorable Heart Stitch Leg Warmers For Babies And Kids
- [Free Pattern] Deceptively Simple Pattern Turns Into A Fabulous Divine Hat
Tired of smelly sponges that fall apart if you bleach them? This 3 by 5 inches scrubber is an absolutely brilliant idea! The Kitchen Sponge (Scrubber) by Book People Studio is a simple pattern, quick and easy, and cute too. Nice and thick, this project is portable and also perfect for your leftover yarn.
Feeling bad about all the green and yellow kitchen sponges I’ve been throwing away lately, (after they start to stink and my husband has tried microwaving them in bleach), I decided to create an enviro-friendly sponge that I don’t have to toss. Just throw this little guy in your washing machine, and you don’t have to worry about hurting the Earth, um, as much.
This sponge is worked in one long piece, which is folded into thirds and sewn around the perimeter. Use variegated yarn or switch colors for each “layer.” One side is flat and the business end is nubby for when you have to show your dishes who’s boss. (Source)
Image source: Michelle
Thanks to Michelle for article inspiration and featured image.
If you enjoyed this article please share and Like our Facebook page.